Pages

Friday, October 22

This place drives you crazy, man...

The things you see in a hospital freaks you out. Like, I've been in hospitals before, but never one where I don't have access to television, books, and internet is limited. Luckily, I have a phenomenal Doctor who has a WiFi internet thing that allows me access to the internet anywhere and he lets me borrow it when it when he is here.

Regardless, certain things you hear and see cannot be un-hear and unseen. For example, lights out is at 9pm (21:00) and I follow this rule obediently -- like a good gaijin (foreigner). However, my roommates -- 5 of them -- do not follow this accordingly. My immediate neighbor, while nice, is noisy. He brushes his teeth after lights-out for several minutes. While I applaud his commitment to oral hygiene, is there not a better time to gag yourself with a brush; like, perhaps brush your teeth before lights-out. It's a habitual thing as well. If it was once, certainly understandable, I've had that scuzzy feeling on my teeth and had the immediate urge to cleanse it. Yet, every night this happens. Afterward, he breaks open some containers and makes generally as much noise as possible without screaming like ninny. His neighbor, who has a window, snores. While I understand his inability to control this, what I don't understand is how a 5 foot 6 inch man can make so much noise and not wake himself up. More so, he'll talk in his sleep. I've nicknamed him the "Walrus" due to the volume which his voice commands. You'll hear a loud snore followed by some Japanese that far surpasses my own. How depressing; his sleep babble Japanese is putting my education to shame.

Mostly, the other roommates are quiet with their own idiosyncrasies. One gentleman talks to himself, quite often. Another appears attached to his computer, leaving it on all hours of the night. The quietest amongst them is the one farthest from me. How ironic, or perhaps, how poetic.

Still. The way this 病院 operates is astounding. The nurses are friendly, as are the Doctors. The food is timely. Everything works on a perfect schedule. Amazing. However, with that certain level of perfection, my freedom is jeopardized. I wish nothing more than to be free, however, I am being held captive against my will. I am not a Doctor, nor have I ever claimed to be. But, I am calling shenanigans on why I am being held here. There is something called CRP, it has something to do with Protein and my immune system. My CRP is currently, so my blood says, at 4.66. Normal, whatever that means, is below 0.3. Holy shit, that's a big difference. So much so my freedom becomes even more fleeting. I hear, through the grapevine, that if it maintains around 2.0 or below, my freedom will be more imminent.

My next post will deal with the food. Oh, my, how the food is original. Ugh.

Until next time,

-Gregor

No comments:

Post a Comment