Pages

Monday, October 18

病院

Well, as many of you know I'm currently admitted to a hospital here in Japan. I have Bronchitis that is more complicated than it should be. I have Chronic Granulamatous disease, a disease that inhibits my white-blood cells from fighting bacterial and fungal infections, and so simple Bronchitis is now that coupled with bladder problems and constant fever. THE GOOD NEWS is that the bladder issues have gone, and the bronchitis is gone for the most part. I cough only when eating -- Dr. Ed thinks it's because I've activated my saliva and it runs down my throat causing the cough. Dr. Ed isn't really a Doctor thought. Speaking of which...

The staff in these hospitals are amazing. The staff always enter my fabricable -- what I'm calling my bed area, it got two hard walls and two walls of fabric hanging from movable things -- with a 失礼します! It means "Excuse Me!", but I literally translate it as "I'm doing something rude!" They even whisper it ever so slightly at night. They help me with the procedures of getting better food, they help figure out THE COOLEST BATH IN EXISTENCE. (It's a typical Japanese bath, you shower and clean yourself first; then you get in a massive bath of EXTREMELY hot water and soak.) They've helped me with clothes, getting internet during the day, and charging my phone so I can contact family! They've truly gone above and beyond.

However, still, I don't want to be here. I want to be outside exploring Japan. Instead, I can't. It's not even that I have the ability, it's been removed from me. I worry I am missing everything; yet, I am surprised I haven't missed anything.

I've made more Japanese friends here. Mari is the nurse I have today. She is amazing. She has gotten me sleeping pills, because we have a walrus in the room. I swear to Buddha, this man is the size of Pauly Shore, yet he snores like John Goodman. She's also started a game, I have to say something in Japanese every time she enters in an attempt to help my Japanese skills. We'll see if it works, haha.

I suppose I should explain where I am, if I can even do that. I'm at the Saiseikai Chuo Tokyo Hospital. That said, every time I go to use the bathroom, I am greeted by Tokyo Tower. At night, it is truly magnificent. I am near the harbor, yet can see no water. My day consists of sleeping with some eating and IV fluid inspection/changing. I'm insanely bored. We have a Conbini downstairs which I frequent. I love Convenience stores here in Japan, they are magical places.

My spirits are high and I can't wait to be free! Haha... The nurses are hot, so I'm not without visuals, heh. But, I'm definitely ready to go! 

Until next time--

Gregor!

2 comments:

  1. Get out soon and take some of the hot nurses with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're being treated well and are feeling better. Let's hope this is the only health issue, and you just went ahead and got it out of the way already.

    ReplyDelete