Pages

Saturday, August 21

"T Minus" One month

Wow, it still has not sunk in yet. But, man, is it fast approaching. Since my last post I've had quite the amazing time with some Foreign Exchange students from Japan -- many from Sophia! They are such awesome people and I can't wait to visit their homeland so they can show me the "lay of the land."

They call the class "Japanese Immersion" and that title is dead-on. We, as UNCC students, welcomed Japanese students from various Universities and helped them with their English while they helped us with our Japanese. The time was invaluable. Not only did it increase my vocabulary and grammar skills, but also my confidence in the language. I received an awesome compliment from one of my fellow students; he said, "Your Japanese is very comfortable." Wow. That's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me -- I guess it just means my hard work is paying off. My only regret is that I couldn't spend more time with them. Due to previous engagements, I sometimes couldn't go the extra activities they were doing. Also, I was really sick one day with a stomach bug. I apologize my Nippon-friends.

I still haven't packed. I've sold one thing -- some lamps. The departure date is steadily approaching and I'm afraid I'll be totally unprepared. Haha, that's par the course, I suppose.

Lastly, as for my previous fears, they are slowly fading and I'm quickly gaining confidence and excitement for this once in a lifetime adventure. Tokyo is going to be amazing, and the fact I already a bunch of cool people makes it worth all-the-more.

Guys, I'm going to Japan!

-Gregor

"They say Japan was made by a sword. They say the old gods dipped a coral blade into the ocean, and when they pulled it out four perfect drops fell back into the sea, and those drops became the islands of Japan. I say, Japan was made by a handful of brave men. Warriors, willing to give their lives for what seems to have become a forgotten word: honor." -Simon Graham, The Last Samurai

1 comment:

  1. lulz I know the non-packing feeling, I still haven't packed- I've done bascially everything else though. I'm glad you're feeling really confident though, I just feel like I'm going to fall flat on my face. I have no clue how I got picked to go...

    ReplyDelete